Existing Member?

Immersing myself in Ecuador

No Homesickness Yet!!

ECUADOR | Sunday, 6 January 2013 | Views [530] | Comments [3]

I am writing this journal entry just to let my friends and loved ones know that I am safe and well.  I arrived in Guayaquil very early on Friday the 4th and then had a 2 hour cab ride to my little hotel in Montanita, Ecuador.  I was given a delicious breakfast and they let me check into my room as soon as the housekeeper had finished making it ready for me.  It is a very laid back atmosphere here as it is also a yoga retreat as well as a surf camp.  

I wake in the morning and sit on the beach and write in my journal while surfers catch waves and crabs dance around the shore.  I've ventured into the town although I can't wait to see what it is really like when all of the weekend holiday tourists and partiers aren't overcrowding it.  

I start Spanish language school tomorrow morning.  I can not wait to be able to speak and understand people.  Sometimes not being able to communicate makes me shy away from experiencing culture and activities.  

No touch of homesickness yet.  I was able to watch American football last night with fellow cheese-heads.  I use wifi to keep up to date on things.  I have a bed and a shower and a toilet all to myself.  Life is good at the moment!!

I will post pictures and more stories once I have more to show and tell.  Right now I'm just relaxing and have yet to do anything really exciting or glamorous.  My favorite kind of vacation :-)

Hope this finds all to be warm, happy, safe, and healthy!!

Tags: homesick, montanita

Comments

1

I'm excited that you will be writing the whole adventure down. It sounds amazing! Very interesting how your life if unfolding and what blessings will be coming your way.

  Jenifer Swigart Jan 7, 2013 2:07 AM

2

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you are doing well.

  Rebs Jan 7, 2013 2:57 AM

3

Don't be shufflin everyday now ya hear? :0p stop and smell the...amm...sand? Once in a while. :0p didn't know what kind of "rose" to put in there. Hehe

  Nayaq Jan 13, 2013 4:41 PM

About christelpeters


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.