Existing Member?

Immersing myself in Ecuador

Leaving Alaska. The start of my new life!!

USA | Friday, 28 December 2012 | Views [471]

Today I will leave the unbelievable majesty that is the state of Alaska.  I have never lived anywhere that I have felt fits me so well.  I will definately keep this beautiful place in my heart as my true home.  I am so excited to discover more of the world, starting in Ecuador next week and can't wait to come back and explore more of the state that remains unknown to me.

I leave here tonight on a flight to Michigan to visit with some of my family.  After a week of family time I will start the life I have worked so hard to get to these last 14 years.  Immerse myself in different cultures and become a better person for it.  The world and the path of my life are so unknown and exciting right now, I can barely contain myself!!  These cheeks hurt from so much smiling!

To those I am leaving for now, thank you for the love you have shown me.  I wish more people in the world could have the opportunity to meet so many amazing people and feel the awesome fellowships that make life so wonderful.  I have no idea what I've done to deserve so many rich friendships and relationships but I believe being open to life and adventure has made it all possible.  These friends are not just fake "facebook" friends; if I were truly in need I believe I would have so much help I wouldn't know what to do with it if I asked.  I'm the luckiest person in the world for this.  It's hard to imagine that I will be meeting more people who fit this mold in the next years of my life.  The world can be so scary and ugly but the majority of people I know and love are the opposite of that.  We outweigh the bad and can overcome hardships if we can remain true to each other and ourselves.

Well, I had better start packing :-)  I will try my best to keep this journal up as much as possible and will look back on all this with fond memories!

Adios for now Alaska, the home that is in my heart!

About christelpeters


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.