Existing Member?

A Scotsman Travels...

2019 Holiday planning

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 10 November 2018 | Views [211]

With Winter in full swing, now is the perfect time to start planning for your next summer holiday. If nothing else, it will help you get through the dreary UK winter months knowing that you’ll be jetting off somewhere that’s actually warm.

But where do you start?  If you don’t have a destination already in mind, then what ever your budget is will ultimately determine where you may end up. We all have the bucket list, but we also need to be realistic.  Therefore, the first step will be to review your finances. Luckily, you can find tips online from a financial perspective that will help you budget and get everything in order for your next vacation.

Things making sure you have enough cash to hand (as you’ll be charged for using your debit cards abroad) and making you sure you notify your bank that you’re going away so they don’t get overly cautious and freeze your accounts.

Sticking with budgets, another thing you should consider when planning your trip is what the cost of living is at your destination.  It’s all about balance – flights to locations such as Thailand will be more expensive, but you’ll find it will even out once you get there as Thailand has a lower cost of living. However, on the flip side, flights to places such as Iceland are cheap, but you’ll find accommodation, food and drink considerably more expensive. These are things to consider when planning – it would be a shame to find out you can’t afford to do anything once you get there!

Right, so you’ve got your budget and destination, next step is to book your flights. It goes without saying, but you’re going to want to book them well in advance. Not only does this give you the best rates, it also grants you early access to holiday packages, day trips, free kids seats on standard flights, etc. It really pays off to be organised!

When looking to book your accommodation there are a few other tips and tricks that you should make use of to help keep your costs to a minimum.  As a standard, many hotels offer free Wi-Fi and internet access, but some still charge you a day rate or by the hour. If this is the case, consider opting for somewhere that offers this for free. Similarly, if you are keen for a beach holiday then you can look for hotels without swimming pools – you’ll still be able to swim, and your accommodation will be significantly cheaper.

There you have it! Some simple forward planning and research into flights and hotels and you’ll be able to have the perfect holiday for a fraction of the price. We’re too caught up in the idea that a holiday must be an all-out expensive affair. With a bit of planning and considerations like those mentioned above, you’ll be able to have all the fun and relaxation you would have on a normal trip, but for a fraction of the price. Bear this in mind and travel safe!

Tags: 2019, finance, saving, travel

About chrissilb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.