Existing Member?

Travel Journal Chloe and Henry on the Indochina Loop

Last day in Bangkok!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 8 July 2009 | Views [313] | Comments [5]

I better start from last night as thats where i left off. I went for dinner with the two dutch girls we met the night before. We were meant to meet the boys but they disappeared so we set off for Patpong night market together. A bizzare mix of markets and strip clubs but interesting nonetheless. We also managed to get to a Temple where there was a candle lit procession as it was a buddhist festival yesterday. Its the first day the Bhudda preached to his followers so the temples were packed with thais (did i say this yesterday? if so, my bad). Anyway then we came back to Kho San and went to bed quite early. I woke up at 8.30 this morning and had a lesiurely breakfast of toast and mango smoothie in a cafe down the road. Filled in my diary and planned my day while watching bbc news! I decided to have a try at mastering the bangkok bus system but it didnt work out very well so i gave up! took a taxi instead but by about halfway I was fed up of sitting in traffic and just got up and walked the rest of the way. No one seems to walk anywhere and I do get some funny looks from locals and backpackers as i wander along the streets. Anyway I got to Siam Square in the end and saw the malls and the 'cool students'. Then i took the skytrain and just hopped on and off to see what was around. Then the rain came and everything stopped for half an hour. I sat in a station and talked to a lovely thai man who wants to come to england to university. It was a really storm though- even the locals seemed a bit taken aback. But of course it stopped and I got the boat to Chinatown. Even more bizzare than Patpong! live fish, dried fish, inbetween fish. all the tat in the world. Think Bovvy market times about 1000. Wandered around and took it all in then got the boat home. Meeting the boys here (hotel) in 10 mins so we will go out for dinner. I think Ive found a nice place by the river so hopefully there. And then tomoro onto Cambodia! Im pretty sure we are all going overland unless John and Garton booked last minute flights today. Anyway time up again.

Lots and lots of love from a very very happy traveller who will definately be coming back to Bangkok.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comments

1

clo your blogs are starting to make me hope i don't get into exeter so i can take the impromptu gap year i keep talking about!
I can't believe you are actually doing all this amazing stuff, i'm incredibly jealous but glad everything is going okay for you. no rabies yet!(touch wood)
reading your blogs is really interesting, can't wait to hear about cambodia
much love robs xxx

  robyn Jul 8, 2009 9:40 PM

2

Chloe, I think the same as Robyn. A gap year is really quite alluring after reading your blogs. Love Katy xxx

  Katy Jul 8, 2009 10:23 PM

3

Hi darling it all sounds so amazing - I hope you don't mind doing all this site seeing on your own..I thought I had subscribed to the full male security package...clearly not !!! - so wish my day had been this exciting had a parent to meet at Habs at 7.15am!! then another one at 4pm in between of course was teaching in the morning and Sports Day in the afternoon...yes the Triple jump pit got a damn good raking again!!
Got home..did the Sainsbury's shop for DICK's...mum is out on a staff social...got all the stuff down from the loft...tent...kitchen tent.etc etc...now settling down at 9pm to transfer all the kids with allergies to the medical list....where is my darling clar!!! (allergy - grass - activities - football and golf!!)
Have a staff social at Habs tomorrow night so will not be able to blog but may find a slot early eve...Friday of course will be manic..good old Chris is driving over to Habs in the afternoon to help set up the camp before we then drive home pick up half of Abu Dhabi then off to Henley !!
Cambodia here you come...hope the boys will stick a little closer now that you are all going out into open country!! - love you clar..dadx

  Dad Jul 9, 2009 5:56 AM

4

Hi Baby girl
Glad you are enjoying Cambodia -wish I was there too. How long did the bus journey take? Do alot of people have enough English to communicate with you? Good news on meeting loads of people, that will be really good - find out where they have been and where they are going. Sounds like you are enjoying the food, bring back some ideas for dad. Really chilly here as we approach Dicks weekend, what a shame after all the lovely weekends we have had this summer, I don't suppose it will bother the Dicks! End of term tomoz thank goodness. Zack is OK and settled in with some new mates. Have a great time in the tuk tuk and enjoy your sightseeing - keep panning. All my love, mum xxxx
PS - Bec says send her love to Henry.

  Mum Jul 10, 2009 5:35 AM

5

Hey to all back home. Having a great time seeing the sites and taking in the culture as well as tasting the local food and beer. Just wanted to say dont worry about secrurity situation, we are always willing to stick together but chloe likes to get going much quicker than us and really cram it all in. But its fine as we are always there with her at night to go out, any way take care all and look forward to hearing and seeing you. Henry

  Henry Jul 10, 2009 10:16 PM

About chloe_in_asia


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.