Existing Member?

here, there and everywhere traveling around the world stopping off at some places and passing through others

on the nile, crocodile!

EGYPT | Wednesday, 21 November 2007 | Views [1953] | Comments [1]

The Nile at Aswan

The Nile at Aswan

Egypt is amazing! cruised down the nile on a felucca all of yesterday stopping only when the wind dropped at sunset to have a raging fire on the river bank! got the overnight train down from Cairo and arrived in Aswan about 11.00am. Went on a motor boat cruise then for a swim in the Nile....hmmm....! Next day up and away at 3.30am in a police convoy to the temples of Abu Simbel, stunning at 7.30 in the morning as they face the dawn. back to Aswan and high tea at the old cataract hotel, see agatha christies 'death on the nile'. Next day we boarded our felucca for a bit of peace and reflection.....beautiful! arrived in Luxor today and have just got back from the incredible Karnak temple.....wow....wandering amongst 3000 year old hireogliphic carved pillars....stunning!

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

Comments

1

Hey there,
Just got back from D'Urville, had a fantastic time and some great weather, the fish were biting. Max brought a spear-gun and sure enough, hes a born fish killer. No butterfish is safe!
We go back to the States on thursday, not much snow in mammoth yet so no hurry. You trip sounds fab, and this site is great.
Ciao for now, Pen.xx

  Penny Nov 25, 2007 6:57 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.