Existing Member?

here, there and everywhere traveling around the world stopping off at some places and passing through others

cairo

EGYPT | Saturday, 17 November 2007 | Views [727] | Comments [2]

pyramid 3 and 4

pyramid 3 and 4

Well, arrived safe and sound....cairo is a caotic city where a 3 lane road is anything from a 2 lane to 5 lane road....the drivers just toot their horns to let you know they are there, crossing the road is a story for another time!  Yesterday we went to see the pyramids at Giza, amazing! I never realised the city goes right to the edge of the giza plateau so you can see them between the buildings, a bit strange! They are very awe inspiring very hard to get your brain around the work gone into them that long ago!

Got the over night train to Aswan, luckily i like trains so managed a full nights sleep...i love whoever invented ear plugs! We are about to go out on the Nile and maybe even have a swim......hmmmm! then some camels this afternoon....AND ITS HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Glad you are having a good time - sounds awesome. You are in the hot and we are just leaving 25 degrees plus in the Penepolese to a much cooler Turkey. Just filling in time in Thessaloniki now between our day train and our sleeper to Istanbul tonight. Excited about waking up in a very different place.

Love Nat and Drew xx

  Nat and Drew Nov 18, 2007 2:50 AM

2

Hi Chloe, not that hot here but getting better. Our adventures are not as exciting as yours but we did walk up Mt Starveall yesterday ready for walking the Heaphy track on Boxing day.
Enjoy your camel ride and the Nile. Great to follow your travels

  Phil & yvette Nov 18, 2007 7:01 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.