Existing Member?

here, there and everywhere traveling around the world stopping off at some places and passing through others

3750 steps up.....

EGYPT | Sunday, 25 November 2007 | Views [653] | Comments [1]

........the top!!!

........the top!!!

After Luxor got the overnight train back up to Cairo...lets just say the trip up to Cairo was better than the trip down! sept a busy day sight seeing in Cairo, cruising the King Tut room in the museum and SHOPPING!!!

The next day drove to the sinai penninsular to St catherines at the foot of Mt Sinai, We had to cross the Suez canal (by tunnel) there were a few ships going through the canal, it looked like they were sailing through the desert, very strange!

Climbed the 3752 steps up mt sinai...according to the bible this is where god spoke to moses and he wrote the 10 commandments.....anyway, it was a pretty good 1hr 45 min climb, stunning views over the desert mountains, i hope all my sins have gone after 3752 steps!!!

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

Hi Chloe,
Just found your journal while surfing the net about the steps.My husband and I are setting off on our six month retirement trip starting in Egypt. I was just wondering about the steps is it all like the background in your photo?
Regards and thanks for the great photos and journal,will have a go at doing one for our trip.
Dianne

  Dianne Sheridan Jan 18, 2008 5:24 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.