Existing Member?

Chris' most awesome journey

I am never touching my butt again!

JAPAN | Sunday, 23 June 2013 | Views [845] | Comments [3]

How to operate that  mini toilet next to the big toilet

How to operate that mini toilet next to the big toilet

Narita Airport, Japan - Bangkok -Chiang Mai: OK, we’ve all been there.  Traveling around Europe or Japan or just going to the local Home Depot and the question comes to mind: “How do I use the bidet?”  (That mini toilet next to the bigger toilet).  Were you too embarrassed to ask the hotel bellman that delivers your bags how to use it?  Finally someone has thought to put instructions in front of the toilet!  For those that haven’t ever used one, believe me it is the most pleasurable 3 hours you will ever have sitting on a toilet!  Hard to get off once you get the hang of it!

 

My wife warned me about these $39 hotels in the most expensive destination of the world but I didn’t pay attention to her.  My room (aka closet) didn’t look anything like the room I saw in the picture at Hotels.com.  I was really too tired to care after the 13 hour flight.

To be filed under “Lost in translation”

  1.  When I woke up this morning I saw the massage menu in the room. For 6,300 yen ($63 USD) I could have gotten a massage that was described as “retaining great favor with ladies”.  I am not sure if that would make me more virile or it is a massage women like.  Either way, no time to find out.  The foot massage was more my style, “to ease your feet and pump cheerful air in”.  Sounds more like a colonoscopy than a foot massage!
  2. I am allergic to something in the air here and I have had a sneezing fit.  One curious thing here in Japan, nobody says, “God bless you”. (nor Buddha bless you).  At the airport, hotel, lounge and not one “God bless you”.  I figure that if I am nice enough to cover my mouth and not sneeze directly on someone, I should merit at least some type of acknowledgement.

Well…it’s off to Chiang Mai, Thailand via Bangkok.  Flight leaving in 20 minutes so I have to get packed up. 

Future rollex winners: Bye for now and keep leaving those comments.  I really appreciate them. 

Comments

1

As long as you lifted the lid (opened the door) to the toilet subject... I believe there is another type of toilet that is more like a hole in the floor. That in order to use it, you need to be able to squat really low to the ground. Keep me posted.
I am sure you will do fine... all the walking you did to train for this trip will pay off.
Have you actually seen anything yet besides the airport and a hotel room?

  Maureen Jun 23, 2013 9:14 PM

2

Keep an eye out for Ed during your travels... he has left Hong Kong. Hope no one is monitoring our emails or you might get detained somewhere.

  Renie Jun 23, 2013 10:43 PM

3

so what did you do for 3 hours? and why are you never touching your butt again?

  John Craig Jul 1, 2013 1:14 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.