Existing Member?

Chris' most awesome journey

Coundown - 3 days to go

USA | Tuesday, 18 June 2013 | Views [309] | Comments [6]

Cool pants with 13 pockets.  I only found 11 of the 13 though so it is REALLY good if there are thieves around!

Cool pants with 13 pockets. I only found 11 of the 13 though so it is REALLY good if there are thieves around!

Chicago: These cargo pants are something else!  They even come with instructions.  I re-read the instructions and realized that they come with only 11 pockets (having thought there were 13) so I guess I now found all eleven!  There is going to be such a long line behind me at immigration when I get off the plane ..."Please officer, I know I have my passport.  I put it in one of these pockets.  Please just give me one minute".

 

I still haven't made any reservations for any internal flights yet.  I just checked the flight from Luang Prabang (Laos) to Siem Reap (Cambodia) and it is going to cost me 4,630,000 VND.  OUCH!!!!  That is 4.6 X a MILLION VND (vietnamese currency).  I haven't spent a million of anything in my life much less 4.6 times a million.  I guess this guy is headed to the hostels instead of Four Seasons.

 

UPDATE: Panic attack somewhat abated. 4,630,000 VND = $222.24 USD.  Will upgrade to a 2 star hotel from hostel now. I sure hope I get some frequent flyer mileage from this segment.  Speaking of frequent flyer mileage, at the end of this blog I will tell you how I got First Class tickets going and Business class tickets coming back for only $75.  And that's not all, I will throw in a fake rolex watch to one lucky reader who leaves a comment.  Don't think this is a lame marketing attempt to make this blog go viral because it already has!  As of this morning I am up to 68 hits and I haven't even left yet!  

Comments

1

chris, I know it was the "fiesta waistband" that made you buy these pants. It had nothing to do with the number of pockets

  Ivan Jun 19, 2013 6:00 AM

2

Ivan:
I must admit...that was a big selling point as well. You gotta love the "fiesta waistband".

  Chris Jun 19, 2013 7:08 AM

3

Okay Chris... how many times have you logged in to get your blog to go viral? I can't believe you are leaving in 3 days... and just now making reservations! Everyone has cancelled their plans to come to the wedding since I told them you would be doing a slide show presentation... and here I thought that would get more people there!

  Maureen Jun 19, 2013 10:30 PM

4

Renie,
Interesting point about airline reservations. It seems like Laos Airlines along with Vietnam Airlines have not learned about revenue yield management. There is only one fare-book early, book late, it doesn't matter. The price is the same.

  Maureen Jun 20, 2013 2:10 AM

5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TV0Y6pDctY

See if this tune keeps going through your head every time you put on those pants with 11 pockets!

  Renie Jun 20, 2013 5:38 AM

6

I longed on 63 times ------I want the watch

  joe Jun 21, 2013 12:52 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.