Existing Member?

Vagabonding There is no shortcut to anywhere worth going.

Joyful Girl

SOUTH KOREA | Thursday, 3 June 2010 | Views [1281] | Comments [1]

Yea… I haven’t been updating this enough lately but it is the way it goes.  I have been overwhelmed with thoughts and they are too much to try to condense into something someone else could read and comprehend.  Either way I wanted to write that today it is absolutely beautiful here in TongYeong!  My ride to school was gorgeous and I couldn’t help but feel truly happy.  Yesterday was beautiful as well, and it was a holiday since there were elections for local officials.   I had language exchange for 4 hours… yea… 4 hours of language exchange is exhausting! 

 

I took a four hour nap, I needed it though!  The night before hand I was playing cards until 4am.   Then I walked to the pier by my house, read a book (The Perks of Being a Wallflower), and watched the sunset.  When I walked off the pier I noticed a few of my friends relaxing and enjoying the seaside so I joined them.  Slowly the party of three became a party of four and then a party of six!  We went and had Shabu shabu for dinner and I called it a night.  I’ll explain the whole shabu shabu process another time.  

 

Anyways, I simply had to report that the weather here is splendid today.  Just hot enough but not too hot!  And there is just a breeze and when it hits your skin it’s like a polite kiss from cool grass.  Of course this means that my students are generally rambunctious since they love the weather too.  Luckily for them I am light hearted too!

  

Tags: language exchange, south korea, spring weather in korea, tongyeong

Comments

1

And there is just a breeze and when it hits your skin it’s like a polite kiss from cool grass....

what a beautiful description! thank you for sharing your world with your loyal blog readers - we are rewarded by your lovely writings. your ability to put into words what most take forgranted is simply awesome and much appreciated by me!

  mom Jun 4, 2010 11:34 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.