Existing Member?

Vagabonding There is no shortcut to anywhere worth going.

A Good Morning

SOUTH KOREA | Monday, 19 April 2010 | Views [392] | Comments [1]

            This morning I was lucky.  I went to my normal corner to catch a taxi to school.  I saw one and flagged it down.  As it got closer, I noticed that the windows were very tinted and that there were people in the back seat.  Immediately I thought to myself alright, whats up with this?  The windows rolls down and the driver says, get in now.  Sounds like a movie scene right?  I am a bit hesitant at first but then I notice the two people in the back seat were middle school aged girls.  So, I got in. 

             Turns out he was off duty, taking his daughters to school in the direction of my school.  His wife was a teacher in another middle school.  One girl knew English pretty well.  I complemented his taxi (it was so well kept, honestly, I thought it was new)!  He was glowing!  His daughter said this car is his treasure, most important thing.  We all laughed. He gave me a ride to my school for free, even though he had to go ten minutes passed his daughters school.  I tried to pay him and he refused and said I leave you hoping only to meet you another, I think he meant again, but I understood.  It was a wonderful way to begin my day.    

Comments

1

:) you are living proof that good things happen to good people. love you & miss you.

  L-Dawg Apr 22, 2010 10:52 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.