Existing Member?

Vagabonding There is no shortcut to anywhere worth going.

Geoje Island

SOUTH KOREA | Sunday, 11 April 2010 | Views [1564] | Comments [1]

So the plan was to go to the Odeo Gardens, just off the coast of Geoje Island...however, when we got to the ferry terminal (one building, two boats), it was closed since it was a bit too windy.  So we found a waterfall instead.  The drive was wicked winding roads around and over mountains and at times, I admit I did feel a bit sick.  George, one of the many Greek men in Tong Yeong, was our driver and did very well at whipping us around the island.  We did stumble mistakenly into a very rural village where our car barely fit down the streets.  We did find the waterfall though and hiked out the 500m to see it.  There, of course, were Korean families in their full on hiking gear for the 500m walk down the paved path.  Then we went to a small mountain lake and took the Swan boats out for a spin and played bumper swan boats.  George, Lizzie and I totally beat Ian and Belinda, hands down!  Then we went to Geoje Island Nature Art Park.  Hilarious... look at the pictures.  The best part of that place was the little pond in which there were bowls that you had to toss a coin into, if you made it into the bowl you were allowed to ring the bell and you would have good luck.  I missed the bowl... oh well.  Then we headed back to the populated part of the island and had some Turkish food!  The Falafel and Chicken kabob I had was delicious!!  Even at the Turkish place they serve us Kim chi, no avoiding that stuff.  Oh and we went to a Foreign food store where I will be able to buy cheddar cheese for 13 bucks a block, but it's a big block and I am definitely going back after I get paid cause there is just no way I can go a whole year without some decent cheddar cheese!!  They had combos, malted milk balls, pretzels and faro rochers there too!  Oh and real bacon!!   Over all a great day!

Tags: cherry blossoms, geoje, geoje island, koje island, south korea, south korean islands, swan boats, waterfall

Comments

1

THATS MY GIRL! gotta get that cheddar fix!

  Elise Apr 15, 2010 4:52 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.