Existing Member?

Cath's travels

From the Land of a million elephants

LAOS | Tuesday, 15 April 2008 | Views [701]

Man it's crazy here in Luang Prabang! After a gorgeous two day boat trip along the mighty Mekong river (sore arse and sunburn to show for it) landed in LP, greeted by crazy arsed children throwing flour and water. It's the Buddhist lunar new year, Sonkran, where people literally cool off and go nuts for a week. The prospect of crazy Thais with water pistols did not appeal, so decided to treat myself to a relaxing (that idea's out the window) holiday here in Laos.

Arrived at 5.00 on sunday, and like a cock didn't book anywhere in advance, so spent about an hour being told 'sorry full!'. God that's depressing. Anyway, found somewhere which cost a day's wages, and now have moved into a much better, cheaper place in the centre. Spent all day yesterday just drinking, eating, getting wet, although I was unarmed and totally defenceless. Twas much fun. Now pretty knackered, and am considering having a massage and a nap before heading out to carnage again. Will try to visit the caves and some villages tomorrow... we will see. Tempted to just be a holiday bum and do nothing for the whole time.

Toodles

Tags: on the road

 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.