Existing Member?

Cath's travels

Tefl woohoo!

THAILAND | Monday, 26 November 2007 | Views [669]

crazy lady, me, mark and paul

crazy lady, me, mark and paul

Well it's my first day at tefl school and it's so hexiting! Had a thai lesson which was very challengin - also a bit hungover which does not help. Learnt how to say hello to a monk which will be very handy. Chiang Mai is a really cool city - on fri and saturday there was a huge festival celebrating light I think. There were huge processions along the street with dancers and stuff. Lots of lanterns lit and also people letting of their own lanterns which looked like millions of gold start in the sky. Twas bootiful. Found local nightclub - tis called Spicy!!! Tis full of pale western men with their little thai girls. Jonny Aron you would love it. Anyway lunchhour is nearly over. They've really throw us into the deep end - we all have to do a 5 minute presentation later. May do one on welsh language. V handy in thailand no? The course looks fantastic - nearly daily thai lessons, loads of observations and trips to schools, AND free note book. The people are nice and I think I am the youngest which surprised me. Really looking forward to the course. Toodles till next time.

Tags: Work

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.