Existing Member?

The Big O.E An epic adventure across the world, backpacker style :)

End of Another Chapter

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 24 September 2008 | Views [714]

A terribly sophisticated duo at

A terribly sophisticated duo at "A Night on the Titanic"

Our UK summer is at an end... not that they really have a 'summer' in the UK. But eleven weeks later, our work at Kings Manor is over. We'll miss the beautiful Isle of Wight, the free flowing wine, top quality meat and organic vegetables. And the gorgeous dogs, and the new donkeys (long story).

Highlights of the last few weeks are definitely:

Sophie's 21st birthday party. 120 people, a marquee and a Titanic theme. Delicious appetizers, a starter (smoked salmon) and a main course (beef fillet no less) and a dessert all done by Catherine and James Kerr. Quite an achievement I'd say. Especially when it was followed two days later with

Susie's 50th birthday party. 135 people in the same marquee. And amazing food once again by us, now proven mass caterers. James deserves special mention for managing to bbq 15 cuts of butterfly lamb to perfection.

Getting free range donkeys. Susie asked for one, and was presented with Cappucino, her son Trevor, and Cappucino is expecting another baby donkey soon! They are so cute and just wander all round the property. Trevor comes to say hello everytime you open the door.

Luke and Annie coming to stay. I didn't realise how much I missed having friends around until these guys came - it was wonderful!

My cousin Dean coming to stay. There's nothing like family :)

Seventeen hours until we're on the road again - wohoo!

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.