Existing Member?

The Big O.E An epic adventure across the world, backpacker style :)

Goodbye

FRANCE | Monday, 28 April 2008 | Views [844] | Comments [1]

So the time has come to move on...

We have two more days living in Cannes. We've been here for seven months and it's been our base while we've been working and travelling. And I'm really surprised at how unsettling it is to have to uproot!

Seven months' worth of accumulated stuff to give to good homes. All worldly goods to be squished into a 55 litre pack. On the road again...

Which is exciting of course, but also quite draining. Long term travel is hard work and takes lots of organisation (and years of saving, but that's another story).

Since Christmas we have slept away from home for 46 nights in 5 different countries. And we have had visitors staying here for 28 nights who come from 6 different countries. That makes many, many happy memories. So I will be quite sad to leave this wee apartment and our French friends behind. And I will really miss just being able to chat in French everyday too. Not to mention missing the baguettes, cheese, yoghurt, chocolate and red wine!

But we will both be very happy to leave behind our crappy jobs and the French banking system! To close our account, I have been to the bank three times, once for almost an hour, and I still need to go back on Tuesday!!! Fingers crossed that we can get our money and run away from French banks forever.

Big hugs and kisses from afar and write us an email sometime - it's pretty cool hearing from friends and family in remote little internet cafes all over the world! We'll be checking emails as we travel around France, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Turkey and Greece.

A la prochaine

Catherine 

 

Comments

1

Hello,
It's Mickaël, one of the french students at the highschool Carnot (Cannes) ! I hope you've enjoyed spending some months in Cote d'Azur, and I was really happy spending one hour every thursday speaking about your travels ans playing some nice games !
I hope you will enjoy the futurs countries you're going to visit !
Thanks and see you soon =)

  Mickaël G. May 13, 2008 12:31 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.