Existing Member?

Cambodia Challenge

Day 9 - second day of visiting Sunrise

CAMBODIA | Friday, 13 November 2009 | Views [640]

We commenced the day with painting the outside of the building yellow. This was the hottest work to do. We all had sweat pouring out of our bodies. The kids arrived at Sunrise quite late. A school group had come to visit from Hong Kong. They were cooking fried chicken and chips for the kids. they had alot of preparation and cooking to do. We did alot of mucking about with the kids. Nam attached herself again to me. The kids put on another performance for the school group. This time they put on their costumes. I sat up on the stage on the side as instructed by the dance teacher. These kids really are remarkable with the dances, and their dance teachers are very very good. I love watching the kids dance. Its so special. It was only today that i realised that Nam was one of the dancers in the coconut dance. I took a photo of her in her outfit. I took a few pics of all of them. Another little boy, whom i don't know his name came and sat in my lap. He was very amused with taking photos with my camera. So i let him do it until the battery died. We were all exhausted again so Sabine, Vicky, Mavis & I headed out for a bite to eat at the FCC. http://www.fcccambodia.com/phnom_penh/ This is where all the journalists used to meet up. It in a french colonial looking building. Lots of foreigners were there enjoying dinner and drinks. The cocktails were delicious.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.