Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Time to go home

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 9 January 2012 | Views [760]

This morning Roni was up for brekkie with Laura before she took off to work. Rawiri was working from home so Roni kept him company while she finished her book until Bray got up. Once he emerged and made contact with the PS3 Roni went upstairs to try and fit everything in her bags. Once it all was spread out on the bed it looked an impossible task but...success! Yay! Bray finished up his packing after this while Roni and Rawiri took the dogs for an epic walk before returning to see Laura for her lunch break. Sad goodbyes  as she returned to work then we two had toasties for lunch after a brief trip to the post office on the corner.

Time after lunch for a brief game of Citadels before we hopped in the car with Rawiri to find Heathrow Terminal 4 (where our itinerary said we had to be). A few interesting turns and fights with the Tomtom later we arrived safely there to hug Rawiri goodbye and head inside. Here we discovered that actually we needed to be at Terminal 3 – good times.

Fortunately we had arrived early enough to catch the train there and get through security checks without time stress. Met a cool fellow from Glasgow just in from Japan as we waited for the train then to check in. All went smoothly without any bag weight issues – whew!

Security was another story though...Roni through fine but Bray had coins in his pockets, an ‘incorrect’ size clear plastic bag for his liquids and got the full treatment including pat down, shoe removal and individual foot scan.

Once through we found our gate (a 20m walk) where Roni stayed working on journals while Bray foraged for food and drink. A tasty sandwich courtesy of Pret and UK Fanta kept us going until boarding our flight to Bangkok. A strong tail wind meant for good time but some serious and protracted turbulence in places.  We watched Puss in Boots and Moneyball to pass the time not spent napping or eating/drinking.

 

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.