Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Palace of Versailles

FRANCE | Wednesday, 21 September 2011 | Views [455]

We were out of bread so Roni got up early and went on a baguette mish this morning. Success! Fresh peaches also purchased and an ATM located. The baguette was still warm – yum! Home to make brekkie then Roni went to use the net until Bray emerged. Bit of a sleep in today but Versailles was our destination and it was nice not to be in a rush.

We found a park in Versailles after packing out and paid for the 2hr max before heading to the Chateau Versailles (Palace of Versailles). Our 2 hours turned into over 5 hours as we explored the Palace, gardens, Marie Antionette’s house and gardens and generally experienced the awesomeness that is Chateau Versailles.

MANY pictures taken and a lot of walking, we both really enjoyed our first real ‘tourist trap expense’ of the French leg!

We arrived back to the car with much trepidation but 1)It was still there...2)No wheel clamp...and 3)No ticket = happy Roni and Bray! Stopped off at a supermarket on the way out of town before heading toward Paris.

We arrived at Camping le Beau Village with enough sunlight to set up and eat some dinner before making use of their plugs to charge some batteries – ALL our batteries were done for after Versailles!

An earlyish night for the weary travellers.

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.