Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Roni OWNS the road

FRANCE | Tuesday, 20 September 2011 | Views [467]

Roni was up with the birds and mist this morning – excited to see our location as we had arrived well after dark last night. The mountains towered above us, green fields all around and plenty of snow visible. After hot showers we struck camp quickly and ate our breakfast sandwiches at a truck stop down the road with their hot coffee.

Today was a whole lot of driving...through the remainder of the French Alps then on to the plains. Our GPS lady was having a few issues today (again). She lost us totally and was giving feral instructions so a few hours were self-nav while she had a rest.

Saw some of Fontainbleau...fantastic houses, giant massifs and grand chateau. We were aiming to camp outside Paris today but the tent and fly were very wet from last night’s dew & mist so we wanted to get in somewhere with a little daylight to dry it out. Tried about 4 different places on the way but none met our specifications (basically needed a plug to charge camera batteries and wi-fi to email our parents)...drove on and on until we settled for Huttopia Versailles at around 8pm. Deluxe prices with a constant hazard of conkers falling and no hot food by the time we made it to the cafe. Awesome.

We were all good though and had a celebratory inu, emailed our parents then headed to bed around 12.

 

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.