Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Recovery Day

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 16 August 2011 | Views [455]

We survived our night at 'Done Right' Guesthouse in the bungalow...a few more spiders, bugs and local fauna did not make it though :-P

Got up, showered and got out as quickly as we could. The road outside was slightly less muddy than yesterday and the clay is bright red!

Moved in next door at 'Mushroom Point' straight away... We originally meant to stay here but they were full for last night when booking online from PP. Moved in then ate a yummy breakfast of eggs, bread and bacon.

Feeling a lot more human & optimistic after this we got our gear sorted and walked across the road to the beach. It is beautiful!!

Walked away from the bamboo restaurants past some fishermen until we found a likely spot of sand. Lazed, swam, read and watched people doing their thing. Very relaxing, water was lovely and almost no one around.

The clouds were coming in and a few spots of rain so we wandered back to grab lunch of baguette (they are EVERYwhere here) and some chips. The clouds had cleared by the end of that but we were sun-ned out so popped home to de-salt and de-sand. They have wi-fi here so Bray managed to find Roni's sister on Skype (from snowy Christchurch) and we shared the sunshine and our epic walk story of yesterday. Was great to catch up.

Time after that to watch the sunset on the beach - beautiful!! Came home to eat and spoilt ourselves with a holiday treat...it was cheaper than mains! :-) Pancakes with ice cream, fresh fruit and chocolate sauce. Yum.

Back to our 'mushroom' after this to catch up on many days of journal and photo labelling! A brief break now for a drink and nibble before bed.

A good day.

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.