Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

New country time!!

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 11 August 2011 | Views [611]

We had booked a late-ish bus so Bray got another slow start :-) For breakfast we had donuts and coffee from a place down the road - treats!!

Purchased some meat on a stick, spring rolls and fruit for the bus ride then went to the place we booked our tickets. They had another man take us to the bus (a few districts away) and we got our seats after lugging our packs down the aisle to join MUCH freight in the back of the vehicle.

Pretty deluxe bus to be honest! Full of happy local peeps, A/C that was intense, comfy seats, straight roads and a driver who knew how to use gears!! Excitement all round.

Crossed the border into Cambodia at Moc Bai-Bavet without a hitch and our bus caught a ferry as we got closer to Phnom Penh (PP). A new country - yayayay!!

On arrival in PP we called Phil & Becky (friends from our church in Nelson who live here - have been here 6+ months)...except Bray's roaming doesn't work here. So the kind lady at the bus company called them on her phone. After much conversation - in English AND Khmer, Phil reckoned he could find us so we went out and waited on a well lit corner.

20 minutes later or so Phil arrived through rush hour traffic and carried us away to their crib. Much excitement ensued from small dog, Pippa & Molly (small girls) and some more moderately so from the parents and boys :-) After playing, storytime and such us 'grown-ups' had dinner, a glass of wine and coffee...great chat and didn't get to bed until after midnight. On a school night! :-P

 

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.