Existing Member?

Life abroad.. Bit about the search for work on a yacht and life abroad!

Lowkey Update

FRANCE | Friday, 17 September 2010 | Views [412]

So its been a while but nothing over the top special has happened but its still been wicked and im loving the job. the last two weeks we have just been working/chilling round the boat. get up for work at around 8 and weve been finishing at around 2pm so its good cruisey work days. just been fixing things round th boat, washing and cleaning things we need. The weekend was good, finished friday and had a few beers then went to brandons apartment for a few more and then we went into Antibes and went to the Hop Store which is the big yachtie bar in Antibes. Turned into a big night, walked home etc etc and felt it the next day. Was a good night though! ended up just chilling oin saturday night and spent the two days at the beach. Perfect weather so it was completely packed. This week has been more of the same, sweet working hours. There was a crappy old scooter left by one of the engineers a while ago that wasnt going and was sitting on the dock. A real dunger! I played around with it after work a couple of nights and got it going, so im going to buy me a new tyre, tidy it up a bit without spending loads on it and thats going to be my whip around this place. Amping to get it all going sweet, its a 125cc, prob not going to worry about the registration and just risk it but it should be all good. Also damien our engineer has a mate who is selling an old surfboard of his, so im stoked, even though surf is rare around here, at least ill have a board for when the swells come through in winter.

Other then that, its been all pretty low key. Friday tomorrow so I think it will be a big night/weekend on the cards. Hopefully we will head to cannes, possibly check out the casino. My mate is heading to Munich for the beerfest which im gutted I didnt sort out tickets for but oh well, it goes for a couple of weeks so well see.

Anyway, im on watch tonight so im going to start up a movie. Things are good!

Hope everyone back home is doing well, the weather should be getting better no doubt...

About bradenh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.