Existing Member?

Life abroad.. Bit about the search for work on a yacht and life abroad!

Docked up in France!

FRANCE | Sunday, 29 August 2010 | Views [459]

Ok so after our night docked in monaco and managing to head out for a few beers with the boys we headed over to St Tropez which is down the coast past Cannes. St Tropez is like another Porto Cervo. Plenty of money around and people that like showing it off. We only spent the day anchored there and got the toys out for a good run. Was good fun and got pretty smoked on the tube. When we left St Tropez we headed for the Island just off Cannes and anchored there for two nights. the guests went ashore and did plenty of shopping so it was pretty relaxed for us. It was hard for the others on the boat as we were so close to home and they were all pretty keen to get back and see their families. So after the few days hanging around we headed into our dockage. The guests spent one night onboard while we were in dock and then they left yesterday. Huge relief and the whole crew relaxed. Tidied everything up really quick, put covers on everything, filled up the chilly bags with ice, beer and champagne and then headed out on the tender with the wakeboard and anchored on the islands off Cannes and started for the afternoon!

Before that though, our captain asked me to follow him in the crew rental car to pick up the mail. Rochelle ad I went, two kiwis that hadnt driven in France before. I was doing well driving for about an hour and then 200m from the boat on the way back, I looked right instead of left first and smacked into another car! was a bit of a laugh as it was unlucky it happened on my first day driving, but its a rental and im insured so it all good! The crew are going to give me stick for a while!

But after the wakeboarding and drinking session on the boat we headed over to a beach bar on the tender in Juan les pins. This place was sick, recliner seats down on the beach. Things got pretty messy and the tender ride back was interesting. Ended up with the rope around the propeller twice, with us in the water trying to free it. Luckily  wasnt driving. but it was al pretty funny.there was only 5 of us out but we all have blank spots in our memory and all have a few knocks and bruises. I think i managed to lose my wallet also with my NZ driving license in it so yea it was an eventful day to say the least. Great fun. So its a lazy sunday today, im on watch so im just laxing round the boat. The only thing i feel like doing really.

About bradenh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.