Existing Member?

Life abroad.. Bit about the search for work on a yacht and life abroad!

We're nearly back in France

ITALY | Tuesday, 24 August 2010 | Views [385]

Its been a few days since the internet has been crapping out on the boat for some reason so I haven’t bothered to write but at the moment we are docked in Monaco for the night. We went around both Corsica and Sardinia very quickly. The guests must think it’s a race as we hardly stay in any place for very long. After Sardinia we headed back over to the mainland of Italy and anchored off Bastia which myself, Mike and the captain headed ashore for a few. Ended up getting back at 4.30 and had to start work at 6am so was pretty empty the next day. Good night though, well worth the pain. The day after Bastia we headed for Pisa for one night and the next day the guests were going to do the tour of the tower etc. That’s the only trip ive missed out on which was a bummer as it would have been cool to see, but I suppose I have to share the trips with the other crew! In order to get into the city from our anhorage it was about a half hour tender ride up a river and I was driving them all in so it was all good, still got to see a little bit of the city.

We have a new stewardess, the third since we have been on the trip. Shes Swedish and rights into her sailing and kite surfing so shes really chilled and good value, and the rest of the crew like her so im guessing she will stay on the boat until she isn’t needed.

 

After Pisa we headed up to coast toward France. Anchoring for one night in Portovenere, portofino and San Remo. Both nice towns with plenty of history and fortified old towns. Start to take it all for granted I suppose as a lot of the towns are very similar with old buildings and plenty of history. Think back to home and there’s nothing like that so it makes ya realise I need to make the most of it and check em all out which I have managed to do with most. A lot of the town are focused heavily on religious history, which sort of wish I studied a bit of history back at school now so I would at least know a little bit of what went on. Oh well, good to see though. Managed to sneak out for a wakeboard yesterday morning. Water was like glass and was such a sick session. Looking forward to doing it plenty when back in France.

So last night we headed for Monaco from Portofino and it was a hour trip cruising. Docked up and did a big wash down this morning in the stinking hot. Must be about 35 at least today and its not getting any cooler. Went out for a few beer last night which was good and checked out a crew bar which I will have to come back to one night. Wicked place, and Id say it would get pretty loose there. And later this afternoon I think were headed to Nice or Cannes. So were really close to home now but still have a few more days with the guests. There in chill mode and not doing a lot so its good and bad in a way, do spent a lot of time trying to sleep and watching tv when the guests are relaxing.

But life is good, when get back to our dock in Golfe Juan I might look into getting a Kombi as Ive always wanted one. Just a cheap one for the weekend missions up to the mountain and down the coast looking for surf, so I might try score me one somewhere. Always the case, ya got to blow ya first pay cheque right? Then Il start saving for to pay off my loan. Sorted.

Oh well might go have some lunch now. Will post some pics of few places we’ve been to. Ciao

About bradenh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.