Existing Member?

Life abroad.. Bit about the search for work on a yacht and life abroad!

Corsica and Sardinia - We meet again!

FRANCE | Friday, 20 August 2010 | Views [497] | Comments [1]

Ok so having most of the guests leave the boat and only 3 stay onboard we left Sicily and it was decided that the weather was not going to be very good for the trip to Croastia which is a bit of a bummerd so instead the remaining guests wanted to slowly make their way to France. So we have just spent the last two days passing through Sardinia. Stopping off in some wicked anchorages and beaches. Porto Cervo and port avechio in sardinia were two places that was good to get to. We spent the night docked in Porto Cervo. We docked stern to and 20m off our stern was a stage and there was a concert playing that night, so it was good timing. Porto Cervo is made of money. It is a rich mans playground and filthy rich oldies everywhere showing off their money so theres plenty of nice cars and huge boats for such a small town. Everything is expensive as here too! I reckon there would have easily been over $1billion worth of yachts along the dock. Plenty here! We ended up staying two nights there and then headed for Port Avechio and anchored for a few hours. The guests then decided it was time to move on so we then headed for corsica. The remaining guests have been very chilled and. Scorching hot days and the last couple of days they have ust been laxing inside so we have had literally nothing to do. Good in a way but its gets pretty boring. Once we arrived in Corsica yesterday we finally got the toys out and had a huge session on the water. We all got onthe tube and ski's and it was good to do something. We moved along the corsican coast and are now anchored in Bastia. A reasanably small city and were the only yacht anchored here. Myself, the captain and mike knocked off at midnight last night and we were all keen to head into town for some drinks so we jumped in the tender and went in. Ended up getting back at 5am and had to start our washdown of the boat at 6am. So im running on low at the moment so im going to try and catch some quick z's shortly. Was a good night tho, and worth it.

The guests have made a rough itinerary of where they wish to go for the remaining 10 days. After Corsica we will ba making out way up the italian coast, San Remo, Pisa etc and then heading back along the French Riviera and stopping in Monaco, Nice and Cannes. So it should be good to get back to that area and then the trips will end around the 28th. So it should be all good!

I will keep posted in the next few days but hope all is going good with everyone back home. Au Rovoir

Comments

1

ha good spelling hibberd

  bradenfanclub.com Aug 21, 2010 8:36 AM

About bradenh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.