Existing Member?

Life abroad.. Bit about the search for work on a yacht and life abroad!

Bonifacio, Corsica

FRANCE | Friday, 23 July 2010 | Views [656]

Ok so havent accomplished much in the last few days in the way of work! We left Portorotondo and headed for Bonifacio in Corsica as the boss has left for probably about a week. Weve been here three nights already and all three have been loose!

Day we arrived 21st we all just kicked back and relaxed, check out the town and then had a few drinks. This is an awesome little town. There is a 'new town' and a fortified 'old town' up on the hill which is amazing. There are some huge yachts around the port and there are bars that surround the marina. Were currently docked next to Eric Claptons boat who I met yesterday which was pretty sweet. So the first night we got here, most of the crew went out. Check out this pretty classy bar with an awesome outdoor area. Ended up being a decent night. two bottles of grey goose vodka later....Plenty of people out here every night!

Next day got up at 6am for a quick wash of the decks and was done by 11am and had the rest of the day off. So a few of us jumped in the tender and headed to the beach. Sick beach with water so clear was an aqua colour. Paradise! spent the arvo at the beach then cam back to some beer waiting on the boat for us. Captain said we were goin out for another crew dinner as the stewardess was promoted to chief stewardess. All good with me!! after dinner all the crew carried on and made a night of it as we were told we have the next day off! Happy there. ended up back at the same bar, another two bottles of grey goose later...Plenty of boat parties on other boats walking back towards ours and definately some money around!! Ended up getting back to bed at 5am, but stoked to have the day off!

Yesterday was a lazy day, went up and checked out the old town. Awesome bulding and history behind it all. went out with the boys to have some Moules Frites for dinner, Mussels and fries, then played a couple games of pool and had a semi early night. And this morning we got up at 6am, did some more decks and now its 10am we have finished for the day so Mike and I are hoping to get out for a wakeboard. Loking forward to this weekend as we have it off so im guessing its going to be good!

Ive heard that the boss wont be arriving until the 1st August, so weve got plenty of time here in Bonifacio, getting paid for this is a bonus!! ha

I got a call yesterday from the chief officer on Princess Mariana, a sick boat that I handed my cv to and they wanted me to come for a trial which i had to say no to as I had this job. But this boat suits me perfect, good size that im not just a 'number' onboard, good crew and plenty of fun! Im having troubles with my email so if anyone has emailed me, I probably havent recieved it.

Hope all is well back in winter! scorching hot here, will try to get more pics as ive been pretty slack

About bradenh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.