Existing Member?

Life abroad.. Bit about the search for work on a yacht and life abroad!

Sardinia

FRANCE | Friday, 16 July 2010 | Views [306]

We arrived in Sardinia the 14th after a 12 or so hour trip. The trip from France was all good and got to have a watch duty. The stuff from the Superyacht course I did in Nelson is starting to all come back to me which is good, especially the rope handling sort of stuff. The night we arrived we went out for a few drinks. We are in Portoritondo which is a smaller port but still nice with heaps of Italian restaurants along the water way. went out with the Stu the captain, mike and the two stewardesses rochelle and alicia, ended up being a latish one ang getting to bed about 4am after a late night swim around the boat with the others as we were still anchored just out of port. Had to get up at 6am to start a big days washdown and detailing as there was a possibility the boss might come later that day with guests. Worked whole day solis in scorching heat, man ya sweat over here!! finished about 5pm and then went and chilled on the beach and had a swim which is only about 100m away. Stu told us were going out for a crew dinner at 8pm so be back then. We all jumped on the tender and went accros the port for dinner and quite a few drinks..... Italian pizza is the way to go!!

We got told that night that the boss was arriving at 3am so a few of the crew had to be then, luckily I didnt have to. still had to be up at 6 to shammy down the boat and make it nice before the boss woke up. Have just finished now and get to chill for the rest of the day until im needed for the tender or any other little jobs. Id much prefer decky of a steward job.....as we have a fair bit of down time during the day if were not needed as the girls are the ones looking after the boss. Suits me! ha

Think tonight will be an early one, pretty stuffed, have had very little sleep lately, nit because of too much work, mainly because our crew all enjoy going out if they can. Tonight ill crash, but its early in the day still so well see.

Not sure how long we will be in port here. There are a couple of guests onboard and no definate plans but it could be corsica, croatia or wherever, or we may be docked here for a bit when the owner leaves and just head to where he wants to join the boat next.

Its all good though, enjoying it! hard being completely new to the industry sometimes, but when ive done things a couple of times I pick it up, so it wont be long before im completely sure of what im doing. Mike, the first mate who i spend most the day with helps out and lets me know.

Will keep posted and what our plans are and will upload some photos

About bradenh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.