Existing Member?

Life abroad.. Bit about the search for work on a yacht and life abroad!

First day, and now the weekend off

FRANCE | Saturday, 10 July 2010 | Views [352] | Comments [1]

Well first day was all good. Got up nice and early and started at 8am. sis a quick wash down and shammy and then mucked around for the day polishing and just doing work around the boat. Was scorching hot. We have crew tshirts we wear and shorts when were working, but were allowed to work with no shirts which is ideal sinces it so hot here!!

we have an hour for lunch each day and get smoko break also. theres no real definitive work day as we stop and chat when working etc so it seems pretty relaxed although we get our work done! Mike (first mate) went and picked up the new tender as well and took it for a spin, we have one onboard already but well be towing this one as its a bit bigger and sometimes ill be chasing in it!

Finished around 5 and all the boys were keen on a wakeboard which is quite often almost daily occurence on the boat. So we were wakeboarding and wakeskating for a while. Good fun, been a while since ive done it but will definately be improving over here!!

Had a few beer after dinner and rochelle (stewardess from nz onboard) went to Cannes for the night and met up with mitch who i flatted with. Had an epic night, went the a huge club called Parlais de festival and checked out Armand van helden and got back to the boat in Golfe Juan at 5.30, to find out that i am on watch this weekend starting today (saturday) and also tomorrow. Its all good ya just need to keep and eye on the boat if noone else is around, watch movies, muck around on the net and do the odd job. The boat has a watch roster which is all good. So im sitting just watching a movie, little bit seedy from last night but good to chill and relax.

The plan for the owners is always up in the air but ive been told were most likely to he heading to Sardinia and Corsica on wednesday for the owners trip so looking forward to that!

will get back the relaxing on watch, this boat is sweet! 

Comments

1

douche. seriously.

  a Sep 6, 2010 10:08 PM

About bradenh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.