Existing Member?

Journeys If you meet Buddha in the road, kill him.

4 days in Honduras

HONDURAS | Friday, 29 August 2008 | Views [294]

Honduras has been an interesting place. San Pedro Sula...fairly forgetable. I thought I would never be the traveler who takes taxis and nice buses...and walks out of my hostel with not a thing on m...but my gut told me to do all of the above...and I trust my gut. Usually I find Lonely Planet biased unfairly against commerce cities and ignore it's descriptions of them...but it was spot on this time.

I visited my sponsored children. It was truly amazing. That was why I cam to Honduras...and for that reason alone...it has been a wonderful, wonderful time so far. I will keep the details private from the world wide web, but can talk to people in person when I get home. Both families did receive permission to break from work to visit me...not easy to obtain, as I understand (no "sick days" to be had), and one mother woke up at 3AM to make me tomales sp?)...which was so good...all that time and effort for me?...but very, very generous!

Next...bus to Copan.

 

About blue


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.