Existing Member?

Journeys If you meet Buddha in the road, kill him.

Limbo

HONDURAS | Sunday, 24 August 2008 | Views [336] | Comments [1]

I long time journey has come to the end. I have said all my good byes, and until next times, and good lucks. There have been an entire summer of goodbyes. I have tied every bow, wrapped up every loose end. There is not one thing left undone. And here I am. Who are we when we leave our titles, our positions, our identifications? Who am I now.? When someone asks what I do...what do I say? I am leaving for another adventure tomorrow...but this trip to Central America will likely not be the true journey this time around. I am going on a more interior journey. As a budhist I know in my head that we are not the trappings of our titles, our jobs, our positions, even our created selves or our thoughts. But in my heart I have embraced all of these things...with a passion. Now, I need to peel off those layers and come back to a core...under which there is a nothingness...or so I am told by masters. That seemed so much easier at 20 when I was dedicatedly studying Buddhism. What do I do now at 40? Is the world still huge, unexplored and ripe for the taking? Or has experience made the world smaller, a little tarnished...a little worse for the wear? I am ready to find out. And with lack for a better way to explore my own interior, I set sail (or wings) tomorrow for Honduras and Nicaragua.

Comments

1

I am usually with you this week. As you explore your own interior, minus all the descriptions that become attached to us, I am awash in lists and responsibilities of position. It is a good journey to take, to step away, but to me (for me) seems complicated and impossible. I think of you as I prepare this week, wondering what the year will hold. I am glad to be able to read your adventure and thoughts. Be safe.
Allyssa

  Allyssa Aug 27, 2008 2:46 PM

About blue


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.