Existing Member?

Epic Proportions Keeping family and friends up-to-date with recent adventuring!!

If it's the beaches...

THAILAND | Monday, 21 February 2011 | Views [551] | Comments [1]

Leaving Bangkok today and heading south to Kho Tao.

Yesterday we wandered around the city, took a river ferry, and visited 3 amazing Buddhist temples. Saw many, many Buddhas including the Reclining Buddha (about 200 feet long). The temples are extremely intricate with many of the tiles collected from old Chinese teacups and plates. Also, we checked out the Grand Palace and a museum with descriptive explanations on loos.

Still jet-lagged. Here in Thailand, we are 15 hours ahead of Seattle. My body is very confused. Though a good foot and shoulder rub from a little Thai lady seems to help. 

The food here is amazing in both taste and price. After meandering off the tourist strip for a bit we came across a very hippie coffee shop with a fascination for cowboys and Indians. They were pleasantly surprised that a boy from NE Montana stopped by.   

Learning the language has proven to be very difficult. Most attempts to say thank-you or hello end up with a good laugh from the locals. Thai is tonal turns out and it appears I don't hear the difference :)

More to come soooon. Running out of time. 

Comments

1

hi! miss you! :)

  gretchen Feb 25, 2011 1:53 PM

About blackbs2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.