Existing Member?

Epic Proportions Keeping family and friends up-to-date with recent adventuring!!

Welcome to Thailand

USA | Saturday, 19 February 2011 | Views [355]

After a 12 hour flight (Seattle to Seoul) followed by 6 hour flight (Seoul to Bangkok), WE ARE HERE. We passed through customs at about 1 a.m. and with no buses or trains running and a fear of not finding an open hostel, Ben and I spend the night in the lovely airport. And funny enough, we hung out with a guy from Olympia, Washington who had been teaching in Korea for the past few months. Small world.

We are staying in the back-packers "ghetto" right in the middle of town (rooms were $5/person!). Lots of tourists and English speakers here. And the city is huge! About 7.7 million people live here and there is much to see. Today and tomorrow are going to be spent recovering from jet lag and just wandering the city. 

More to come, but just wanted to check in. 

Oh yeah, it's HOT here. The high is about 90 today. That's about a 110 degree difference in temperature from where I was just last week. And there is about 7.7 million more people surrounding me...

About blackbs2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.