Existing Member?

Making Lemonade life gives you lemons make lemonade” Hello friends and family this cruising journal/blog is about my travels, the places I go and the friends I meet along the way.

Union Island Grenadines

NETHERLANDS ANTILLES | Tuesday, 23 March 2010 | Views [1322]

March 23rd, 2010

We set sail for Union Island the starting point and immigration entry point, for our exploration of St Vincent and the Grenadines. We arrived after a 4.5 hour bracing sail to Clifton Harbor where customs are located. We tied up stern to at the Anchorage Yacht Club which from the guide book sounded quite posh. Although able to supply our needs for power and water, posh it was not but nonetheless pleasant. It will hopefully hold the record for the marina with the worst shower facilities in the world. Clifton was a cute one road town with a colorful little market square selling fresh and locally produced herbs, fruit & veg. We met a lovely couple from Esher, Surrey, Melanie & Julienne who were on a week’s bareboat charter. We ended up having our first dinner party on board Belle which I am reliably told was a success. To illustrate what a small world we live in Melanie a stock broke/analyst was responsible for raising the funding for Camper Nicholson the UK developers of the Marina in Grenada we had just stayed in and Julienne has a house in Newfoundland where we will plan to sail this summer. We have exchanged email addresses and may well meet again.
Anchorage Yacht Club Union Island Grenadines

Anchorage Yacht Club Union Island Grenadines

Tags: dinner party, market, showers, yacht club

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands Antilles

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.