Existing Member?

Making Lemonade life gives you lemons make lemonade” Hello friends and family this cruising journal/blog is about my travels, the places I go and the friends I meet along the way.

Mount Port Louis, Carriacou

NETHERLANDS ANTILLES | Monday, 22 March 2010 | Views [338]

After aborting attempts to visit Sandy Island for snorkeling due to unstable gusting winds we were just about to reluctantly return to Tyrrell Bay.  Luckily Jim spotted a beach in a small bay and decided to take a closer look. We spent two nights in idyllic conditions with our own unspoiled snorkeling reefs and wildlife entertainment. The wildlife included unusual birds we are still trying to name, sea turtles and a herd of goats in a very precarious predicament. Mt Louis Bay is nestled between Tyrrell & Hillsborough Bays and I highly recommend it if you’re ever in the area. Although at first sight the island resources and services seem limited it has become our experience that you can get more than you need and have it delivered no matter where you are. The island people are enterprising to say the least. Jim was able to hail a water taxi from our remote anchorage and arrange for transport into Hillsborough to clear customs. The taxis and other entrepreneurs operate use colorful wooden cigarette boats built locally. The high speed taxi ride was about 20min (each way), saved us about 4hours and according to Jim was as good as a trip to the gym for a core muscle workout. 

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands Antilles

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.