Existing Member?

Bec & Simon

Munich, Germany

GERMANY | Tuesday, 4 August 2009 | Views [568]

Webbs in Munich

Webbs in Munich

The land of beer and chocolate, so we're both happy! Probably the nicest place we've been to so far, only been here a bit over 2 weeks but I reckon it'll be hard to drag Bec away when it comes time to leave. We were meet at our new apartment by the owner Narelle, a lovely lady who has helped us out with a long list of contacts for work and travel. We are going hiking in the Alps soon with a friend of hers that she put us on to! The apartment is great, in an awesome neighbourhood full of cafes and restaurants. The best of the cafes is directly underneath our apartment which is on the top floor of the building with some nice views. We haven't done as much sightseeing or travelling as we'd like to yet because we've been head down looking for work. We've seen the main sights in the city but they're not as impressive as many other European cities, the Englischer Garten is great though. A massive city garden with fast running river and heaps of nudists! There's even a beer garden in there. Bec is all set for work now with a job at a kindergarten and some nanny work on the side while I have a job watching soccer! That's right, I'm employed to enter the stats for the Bundesliga (German soccer league) on the weekends, my first real game is this Saturday. Currently trying for a second job as a tour guide, not sure about it as there are a lot of dodgey companies around but its great work if you get in with a good one. My family dropped by for a few days and stayed with us (5 people in a two bedroom apartment) while they saw the sights. They ducked off to Paris for a few days before coming back for 1 night then of to Dubai and they are currently on route back to Australia. Was great to see them again and it's only 5 months until we'll be seeing them once more back in Oz, god time has flown by! We have about 3 months here to see the sights, we'll be here for Oktoberfest, and hopefully fit in as much Europe travel as we can. So for now it's "aufwiedersehen"...I hope I got that right.

 

About bec-simon

Enjoying a little bit of sun in winter

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.