Existing Member?

Bec & Simon

Sunshine Coast, Canada

CANADA | Wednesday, 22 April 2009 | Views [631]

Bec in the fog of Secret Beach

Bec in the fog of Secret Beach

Thought it was about time for an update on what we've been up to here in Canada. It's been almost two months since we've been here and its becoming clear that Canada's Sunshine Coast is nothing like Australia's. We had a clear sunny day today of 14 degrees! I was almost ready to go do some sunbaking. Actually, after all the cold weather we had for the first month of being here we've gotten used to it so any weather in the teens feels like a summer day. Bec is still working down at the bakery at the ferry terminal, she's still enjoying the work and remembers to bring home a couple of muffins every night. I've been working doing concreting for a guy here in Gibsons. The work is physically very tough, I push wheelbarrows full of concrete all day, the only break I get is to do a bit of shovelling. Its not that bad and the money is fairly good considering all I do is move things from one place to another. There hasn't been much work recently but I'm hoping I'll get a few days work next week as we could use the money. We've been trying to make the most of the days now that the weather is starting to improve. Been doing some walks along the sunshine coast that have been fun although none of them have included a bear. I really want to see a bear in the wild before we go and I'm starting to worry that we won't. The parks around here are supposed to be full of bears so we'll have to keep getting out walking. We're now starting to organise the next stage of our journey which is to drive across the USA to New York. This has been made much easier by the fact that we now have a working car! We bought a 1992 Ford Tempo from a couple down the street for $550. No bells and whistles, it just goes. One more month left on the coast to earn as much as we can so that we can get as far as we can!

 

About bec-simon

Enjoying a little bit of sun in winter

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.