Existing Member?

frightful tales (don't judge me)

Genesis, Blood, Easy, Panda, and others

CHINA | Tuesday, 15 September 2009 | Views [722] | Comments [3]

i dedicate this journal to my Tuesdee (i hope to God you read this Casey. did it for you) early-in-the-fuckin-morning class. and yes, 8 am is what i call early-in-the-fuckin-morning.  A few moments ago,before i got distracted and careless, i was wondering how to prepare these little guys for the English CET test...right now, as i'm typing, i am actually not thinking of that at all. i am thinking of the brown "thing"  that lets others know where in the world you are, and is bigger than the country of Tanzania (on the map, of course). And it is a "thing" because it lacks male genitalia (though i don't know why world nomads would suddenly get specific about anatomy...) but has outlines of boobs, kinda like a girl about to hit puberty(which my mom called the "act of becoming a woman").i won't write more because i know i could get really crazy about "woman" crap, so i'll shoosh (i highly doubt i spelled that right...and i teach english to chinese kids. classic). But now that i got that out into the open, i am worrying again about this darn CET test. 

Another thing that's got me nervous is the fact that these kids actually expect me to teach WELL. oh, expectations. i have been texting one student (Genesis, in particular...love his name, and he is sooo dreamy!! ha. don't judge me! i am a girl, after all) and he wants to do really well on the test, and he wants my help, and he said most of the kids feel the same way. To get a good job, they need to know English. So, i feel like i am carrying the weight of the world (world being 60 students, tops) on my shoulders. But i will just give it to Jesus, right? (oh, no. the bitterness). But that still doesn't help me figure out what to teach these little buggers (i just said little buggers like an Aussie would, yay!). i will just continue being nervous, though. i probably won't sleep a wink. i will pace the room, however, so i will get some exercise. gotta work off that squid...

p.s. i really really badly want to say "shake of a lamb's tail". i don't know why, i just hope somebody says something in which i can *appropriately* remark, "Be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail". Notice the keyword, if you will.

p.p.s. i really am craving some Chipotle now. i don't like it.


p.p.p.s. i am kinda curious to see how many p's i can get to. i really did have an intention for this one...whatev.

tah tah

Comments

1

When exactly is it appropriate to say "Be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail, because to me that sounds like it is always appropriate. The beautiful thing about missing Chipotle is you can have it in China, because there are like 17 things I have eaten that make me have to go to the bother like 20 minutes after I have eaten them. Don't be nervous, get some sleep, I have faith in you that you can do a great job. If you fall asleep in class cause you were up all night pacing that's not going to help. Love the story and the fact that you broke out the Australian accent so you can do Australian and British pretty cool.

  joshuapatterson23 Sep 15, 2009 1:52 PM

2

i like how you commented twice. lovely! : P

  avoidthenastyones Sep 15, 2009 2:04 PM

3

Lunae, Martis, Mercurii, Iovis, Veneris, Saturni, Solis -- Latin. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Saturday -- The Godfather. Mondee, Tuesdee, Wednesdee, Thursdee, Fridee, Saturdee, Sundee -- Me. I consider myself, among other things, a lexicographer, and I'm glad that someone subscribes to my way of speaking.

Go ahead girl, get you some!

  cross Sep 15, 2009 11:15 PM

About avoidthenastyones


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.