Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

Threatened

CHINA | Sunday, 20 April 2008 | Views [676]

Today was a beautiful day. The rain never stopped. All the streets had the rainbow sheen of the separation of oil and water. The vines lining my windows dripped continuously.

I made hamburgers for lunch and dinner. I drank cups of coffee. I planned my classes. And I watched Vertigo, Rear Window, Beijing Bicycle, Female Trouble, Before Sunset , and Before Sunrise.

It never rains in Beijing. The city is becoming part of the Gobi Desert through droughts and sand storms, so it's very dry. It only snowed three times all winter. It's rained about five times since I've been in Beijing and never for the entire day.

After the horrible weather yesterday, the Communists threatened. Mother Nature complied in the way that only she is capable of...And hopefully the air will be clear tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it's going to continue raining.

But a long day of nothing but relaxation (regardless of the tourist attractions I missed) was well deserved and entirely enjoyable. And I've added several classics to my movie repetoire.

Tags: olympics, weather

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.