Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

Flip flops

CHINA | Wednesday, 9 April 2008 | Views [405]

It's nearly time to pack away those winter clothes.  Today was so pleasant that I actually wore flip flops -- the first time since about October that such a delight has graced my feet.  

It's no longer too cold to put my clothes in the drying room.  Unfortunately, the French couple has reclaimed their beloved bikes, so my hanging underwear and towels have no company, but they have the beautiful nice weather to indulge in. 

But (there's always a but) the weather has not managed to thaw out my ice box of an apartment.  Weirdly enough, to compensate for the cooling effect of plaster and fake wood floors, I've opened my windows and doors to let in the warm air.  Somehow the air feels fresh even though it lies heavy with pollution daily. 

I was starting to feel overly tired and lathargic, and Chris pointed out that it was probably the nasty weather.  For the last few days, it's been nothing but gray skies and air too cold to be part of April.  But today...

Today it all changed.  I was greeted by the screaming pink flowers (struggling, but still blooming).  By a sun that licked my face with warmth.  And by construction workers who have decided to take the most assinine way possible to refurbish the foot bridge that virtually my entire campus uses daily.  Whatever, nothing could get me down today :)

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.