Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

Clogged Part II

CHINA | Thursday, 25 October 2007 | Views [586]

No longer issues with toilets.  Today, the adventures of living in China episode surrounds central heating.  

Central heating doesn't currently exist in my apartment.  And this Louisiana girl is feeling it in the cold autumn tempertures of a higher altitude.  But, somehow, it's already causing problems.

Picture it.  A la Sophia.  Except is 2007 and Beijing.

I'm reading on my couch when I hear a tap-tap-taptaptap.  I think, "That's a really odd way to knock on the door."  And get up to answer it.  But before I can get to the door, I realize the tap tapping is coming from the kitchen. 

Anticipating an little furry visitor, I start exploring.  No such luck.  It's a leak.  Coming from...somewhere that's hidden to me. 

I think, "Hmmm...maybe it's time to wash dishes."  And I begin the arduous task that I absolutely loathe.  The tapping getting more ferocious every second.

Dishes clean, two towels completely drenched, I call Chris to sort out the situation.

"Oh, it might be the central heating."

"I don't know what it is!  I just have several drench towels, and it doesn't seem to be stopping."

"No, it is the central heating.  It's coming from the sixth floor.  We've done all we can do tonight.  Apparently they installed a pipe wrong."

Huh?  Ok.  I just hope I don't have to swim out of my apartment in the morning.

Leaving for Shanghai tomorrow at 19:56.  It's gonna be a blast!

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.