Existing Member?

a travelling TISH a travelling experience is not appreciated if not shared with others.

Loose in LAGOS

PORTUGAL | Friday, 18 July 2008 | Views [787]

    After our thirteen and a half train trip, which was literally hell. We jumped on a four and a half hour bus ride to get us to Lagos. So by the time we wondered the streets with our large arse packs, and found our pensione we were exhusted. But the little old lady who owned the hostel was so lovely, and reminded us of our nans. She didn't speak much english but would give us a cuddle when she got confussed. After a well needed shower, we bought some supplies for dinner and had an early night. As we finally got to watch english speaking tv, and it was pay as well. We were all a little to happy to see a tv.

We woke up to a beautiful day, and went for a walk around to historic centre. We then went to the main beach Meina Praia, which was tucked away, which felt like the middle of no-where. It was simply amazing, just like a post card, but the water was frezing. On the beach was Linda's beach bar which was literally on the beach. Loz and I had a litre of sangria with lunch which was yummy. I had a pita pocket with traditioal portugese chicken, and was probably my best feed yet, which is a big call. After stuffing ourselves silly we decided to skip dinner for drinks instead. Loz and I had nearly a full bottle of vodake before heading out. We found this cool little club in one of the streets in Lagos which had fish bowl cocktails. Now it was an actual fish bowl full of vodka and a small amount of pineapple. It didn't take long before we were all feeling drunk. Loz attempted to skull the fish bowl at one stage which resulted in her spewing in the corner. But still got up and started skulling again. It was a crazy night, and I enjoyed listening to some good RNB and dance again. After the fish bowl was done, we stumbled back home for some vegemite crackers before passing out in bed.

This day was definately our sickest yet. Yes we all threw up most of the morning, before going back to sleep and waking up at 2 pm. We didn't do much for the day, except go back to our favourite cafe which has the best milkshakes and their presentation of food makes me jealous. After a late lunch we had nachos for dinner and passed out again on our beds.

After a good nights sleep we made our way down to the harbour and booked a grotto cruise which goes along all the little coves of Lagos. We left at 12 pm, and got to see some amazing sights on the boat. On the way back we picked out a beach which was within walking distance, and went there for the afternoon. But it was jam packed of Aussies, drunk Aussies. As we were laying on the beach. we saw a Portugese man trying to break this dog's neck, which had been sitting with the Aussies all afternoon. So that caused a huge fight on the beach as the dog had scratched his boy on the back. It got pretty intense as on-one could understand each other. After a while it sorted itself out and the dog was let free. We cooked anither awesome dinner for tea, and were going to wonder the strees but decided to chill out again for our last night.

We got up fairly early, and caught a bus to Luz, another beach just down on the Algarve coast. We stayed there a little while before going back to the hostel and packing up our gear. We caught the 3.30 bus back to Lisbon, where I am at the moment. So will update you, at a later date on the rest of my travels..

 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.