Existing Member?

18 To Find the World Your boundaries. They are there to be tested and stretched and pushed and broken. Don’t ignore them. Don’t accept them. Use them.

Some food for thought

USA | Wednesday, 18 April 2012 | Views [700]

SO the other day i came across this YouTube clip online which is attached. When i finished watching i saw countless comments of people saying "lol this is so true." 

....This is so true.... 

This phrase bugs me simply by the context it is being used in. They agree with it but they do nothing about it! Obviously it is true, or he would not have been on a talk show about it. People do not make statements like these, on talk shows, simply because it is true. They make statements like this to help you realize what you're doing wrong! They make statements like this to inspire you to change, to be a better person, to be happier. I say this because when i see 4,000 people on Facebook make the comment "LOL this is soooo true." I think to myself, congratulations! 4,000 human beings agree on something, now what are you going to do about it? I would be willing to bet that 90% of the people that had a comment did/will still complain about something on their next flight! Which is mind boggling to me because to me it says you don't actually think what they guy said is true and you just like to comment on things on Facebook. These statements are made simply to inspire you to change just a little bit, just enough to help make our society a little bit better of a place to live. Comments like "This is so true" would be better of placed with "Thank you for inspiring me to be a better person" or maybe they are better replaced with no comments. Maybe you are better off to just do. Just do. Just change or don't. No need to make the same empty comment as 5,000 other people. 

P.s. I considered blocking comments just so people do not try and be funny by saying "this is so true lol" Don't be that person..... 

About arobm93


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.