Existing Member?

Travel-Life-Experience

Oh happy days!

INDIA | Sunday, 14 September 2008 | Views [719]

Yes, yesterday was a very happy day. I went strolling around the next bigger village, and just took it slow. The whole day was pictureperfect weather and I sat at the beach from 5pm onwards, soaking up the sun, and even taking a small dip. Alex, the German and Gustavo the Argentinian joined me, and we just chilled. I had bought some papaya and pineapple at my favorite store (cheap, but sweat). Now I am his favorite customer, too, because he says he likes my Hindi;) (I said bohod paka - very (too) ripe)...

Oh, I saw another cool sign at the ice cream store: "Easy to eat, hard to beat!"

When we took your sunset strole I was so happy, I screamed into the waves. Really grand. Mr. Gustavo, who has been here for a month GUARANTEED us there would be a completely red sunset. It was probably over so fast, we couldn't see it:) the sun just vanished. But that made it nonetheless enjoyable.

This morning, however, I discovered two terrible things: 1- I was ot wearing my nose stud. It must have come off when I was changing, or showering, or at the beach or somewhere. I am reallyreally sad about this, because it is the one my aunt gave me when I left Karachi. It seems, now that the trip has come to an end, the nose stud left, too. I se4arched EVERYTHING. I even borrowed the sweeping brush from one of the ladies who do the floors and searched in the dust. Nothing. Then I went down to the beach where I had been sitting, but there had been hard rains at night, and nothing was found. All the cool fishermen who are now my friends helped me search the sand, but there was nothing to be seen.

Sorry popou, sorrysorry. I will come back. I still have the earings, though.

The second thing missing is my swiss army knife. It was one I found at home, and probably really old, but those things come in so handy, you just miss them when they are gone. MY knife is still in Augsburg with that guy (who must be knowing I am talking about him)..:)

I just got back from an extended beach stroll. I searched for small shells and beautiful shells, and I think I will spend the rest of the day making a chain.

While strolling, I bumped into a small family. We talked, and it turnes out, he's a yoga teacher. So I meet him on my last days:) I will take a lesson at four, and if I like it, I will go back tomorrow...!!He seems nice. He has a little daughter, very cute.

Oh, you know what is WEIRD: I lost the nnose stud the same day that lady from Rajastan convinced me to buy one silver one of hers at the beach! I think my nosestud was taking revenge...:) Hope it is happy!

Talk to you guys one last time tomorrow!!

Tags: beach walk, lost nose stud, palolem, yoga

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.