Existing Member?

2 go mad in india the beginning

yogaaaaahhhhh

INDIA | Thursday, 1 March 2007 | Views [440]

Have been released into the wild today after 2 weeks on the sivananda yoga ashram. Is very cool as me and my main girl Sophia have been reunited. The ashram was fabulous and has got me thinking that I might have to come back next year and go to another one for longer. It was so good to finally be having instructed lessons rather than doing it from a book on my own, don't get me wrong I love that but just needed to know I was doing it correctly. The morning started at 6 with mediatation and singing followed by asanas, a lecture, karma yoga ( mine was cleaning the bogs, some things never change)then more asanas and singing. At first I hated the singing but by the end of it got quite into it and even ended up playing a tamborine during the sessions too.

The ashram was very catered for westerners which was fine as a first time taster of ashram life. They even had a talent show once a week but as I have no other talent than being able to down a pint in one go didn't enter. People got up and sang and danced, some of them will definatley be appearing on pop idol next year where they show all the nutters who think they have talent but don't. There was also a very bendy yoga girl who really could put her head up her own arse. But it was so cool to have a bit of a detox and I feel the healthiest I have done in ages. Had an ayeurvadic massage while I was there which was awesome. They basically covered me in oil massaged me and then steamed me after but I felt fabulous after all the yoga I had been doing.

Met some fab people on the ashram and there was a little gang of us girls who all got on really well and had a laugh together, Robyn(Canada), Tanya and Alison (oz) Sandra (Italy) Eva and Amy (UK) and Gavin and Amanda (Oz). They all made the stay at the ashram such a good time.

So now here I am back in Varkala again gonna head down to the beach in a bit and top of my tan or should I say freckles and then we head up North on Sunday to Dharamsala can't wait may go and see the Dalai Lama again so till then tara xoxxo

Tags: Relaxation

About anniekaka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.