Existing Member?

2 go mad in india the beginning

ashram

INDIA | Thursday, 15 February 2007 | Views [480]

So we took a boat trip down the backwaters of Kerala. Was so beautiful tonnes and tonnes of coconut trees. Anyway we decided to go and spend a night on Amma's ashram to see the hot guys. We have come to realise that a lot of our trip is based around how hot people are like if we are getting a rickshaw we always opt for the one with the hot driver even if he is dearer just makes it all more enjoyable we feel rather look at a cutie than one who looks like shrek.  So we get to the ashram which is absolutely massive, the rooms are like blocks of flats, ours is on the 12th floor. As we were going up in the lift it broke down and the lights went off we were laughing but I remember saying to Sophie " don't laugh we need to save oxygen" what a muppet have watched far too many movies about people getting stuck in lifts. Anyway doesn't last too long and off we go.

Have come to the conclusion that Amma devotees are mental. We spoke to David and Deyer who were lovely but off their  rockers. A few times when we were chatting to them they got overwhelmed with love ( sent from 'mother' apparantly) and started crying.  Basically she rules the roost and send them thoughts and "lovebombs" which is when they are just filled with love. But at the end of the day it makes them happy and they are good people for it so its a good thing I guess.

We contunued on our boat trip the next day to Appelby which is just a dirty ole town really but met a really cool group of guys from Tipperary who had also been at Amma's. We all had a few beers together, turns out they are from the same part as dad! They were so lovely and we had one of our best nights here with them just getting pissed and having a laugh. Went back to theirs and the guitars came out and we were just messing singing songs etc.

Anyway we are now in Kovalam which is on the beach. As we go to the yoga ashram tomorrow decided we would like to stay by the beach for now. Probably our last time on a beach in India as we head up north in 2 weeks yay. Anyway my tummy is rumbling need to go get some munch xo

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About anniekaka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.