Existing Member?

2 go mad in india the beginning

Gone :(

INDIA | Tuesday, 3 April 2007 | Views [1007]

So here we are in smelly Delhi after a 12 hour overnight bus journey from McLeod Ganj. Our bus driver seemed to think he was Schumacher and would go very fast around mountain bends in bloody coach. It was also the bumpiest ride I think I have had so far and everytime I would eventually get to sleep I would wake my self up by banging my head off the window after going over yet another bunp or him slamming on the brakes. I did say a few prayers ging through the mountain bit but thankfully we are hear in one piece.

So yesterday we had to go and say goodbye to all the lovely folks that we have met. We went and saw Grainne who is definatley gonna meet up with us in Nepal yay!!! Then the boys came and met us and took us to the bus stand. We were just sitting there waiting for the bus to go when they pulled out some Khata's, Tibetan prayer scarves and put them round our necks. They are long silk white scarves that have mantras woven into them which represent the sincerity of one's offering with no negative thoughts or motives in mind. It is also used as a sign of recognition of one's love or respect for another. It really was a beautiful moment. I had said I wasn't gonna cry but when that happened me and Sophie got on the bus in floods of tears and were very close to getting off and just going back to McLeod Ganj but we just feel like we need to go see Nepal etc. and know that we will come back here.

So the plan at the moment is to do our travelling and get back to McLeod Ganj for my birthday. We wanna try and get somewhere that has cooking facilities so it will feel more like home and be a bit cheaper. But as you know from the journal our plans change all the time. Anyway will write again when we get to Nepal. Oh and before I forget I got a marraige proposal from Baby last night, he was pissed but I feel it's time for another wedding ;).........................

Tags: Mountains

About anniekaka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.