Existing Member?

2 go mad in india the beginning

trains and hugs

INDIA | Sunday, 11 February 2007 | Views [473] | Comments [1]

Well got the overnight sleeper train to Aurangnabad. Wow! Basically it is like sleeping on a shelf. I got the middle one and Sophie were down bottom and you can't sit upright but it was cool and got us to our destination in one piece so that's all good. We got into Aurangnabad about 4.30 in the morning after hardly any sleep and got a room at the railway station and like the troopers we are decided we wouldn't sleep but go and get some breakie and then go and see the caves. We got a lovely rickshaw driver and he took us there. The main cave there is amazing loads of statues in the rock and stuff. Whilst looking around we got mobbed by school children, we had to pose for loads of photoes and they seemed to of upped the ante as we are now signing autographs too! This place is nuts, I love it.

The next day we went to Loner to see a 50,000 year old meteorite crater. Was really incredible and huge. All I could think was 50,000 years ago some poor dude is on his way to work minding his own business and sees that thing coming at him, woah. There was lots of wildlife around the crater and it had a very peaceful vibe.

Last night we went and got a hug of Amma, the hugging guru. We met a guy who got a hug from her and he said it made the hairs on his neck stand up and she is very popular here so we thought we would give it a go. At the Dalai Lama there were about 2,000 people Amma gets 60,000, strange. The amount of people queing is insane , she started at 9pm and won't finish till 10 am this morning. So I go up and get my hug which lasts about 5 seconds, which is cool as she does have 60,000 of us to fit in and I would love to say it was amazing but to be honest it wasn't. I mean it was a lovely hug but I certainly didn't have a spiritual moment. But from what I hear she is an amaszing woman and really helps the poor etc. so at the end of the day it was great to get a hug from someone like that. After the hug all westerners ( I found this strange, what about the indians?) were asked to come and sit on the stage where she is hugging which was fab. They had indian music and dancing and it was interesting to watch her devotees ( a lot of westerners) watching her. They just adore her but as I say she is quite a cool lady so fair dos.

We are now in Varkala, Kerala beautiful little place by the sea, we are on a cliff top and there are tonnes of coconut trees is fab. We are going to stay on Ammas ashram for a night tomorrow, purely cause some of her devotees are super hot, and then we go to the yoga one on Thursday, can't wait anyway thats it for now off for a sunbath.xox

Tags: People

Comments

1

It sounds to me like this hugging guru may have taken one too many ecstacy tablets...

  Mickey Feb 17, 2007 12:38 AM

About anniekaka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.