Existing Member?

2 go mad in india the beginning

goodbye Mumbai

INDIA | Saturday, 3 February 2007 | Views [509] | Comments [1]

first day in Bombay, Leopolds bar

Yay we are leaving this god forsaken place today. Nah it has been good as we got to do laughing yoga and see the Dalai lama here but we are both so ready to go. The thing with big cities is everthing costs money you just can't sit and be. Although one of our favourite pasttimes at the mo is going down to the Gateway of India and just hanging out. It's cool cause loads of Indians come up and ask to have their pictures taken with us. Call me shallow but I love the attention! Makes me feel like a rockstar. Today we went down there and got surrounded by a family there were about 40 of them all saying hello and wanting to shake our hands it was great.

On the down side some cheeky bugger asked me if I was 45!!!! The sarky bastard, Soph had to hold me back rrrrrrrr. Another guy the other day asked me how I coped with my skin disorder, meaning my freckles, Soph was on the floor, then he had the cheek to try and hug me, the nerve of it.

Some guy tried to follow us yesterday (probably for an autograph) but we were having none of it. Everytime we stopped he stopped, but then he came over to us and we had a bit of a go and told him to stop following us. I think we must be really hard when we get going as he ran off.  Phil and Grant could take a few tips from us I feel.

Anyway we are getting the over night train tonight and get to see some caves tomorrow hopefully can't wait tara for now xoxo

Tags: People

Comments

1

hi, u can never say goodbye to mumbai. physically, u may leave mumbai but the time spent and memories will always be etched in ur heart...mumbai always moves forward..anti-social elements try to halt the pace of this city by bomb blasts but the ever cheerful citizens help each other in times of need and move ahead..i think this is the spirit of India. U visit anywhere in india, people will always b thr to help you, to guide you and make u comfortable.
i would suggest you to visit Manali-a beautiful hill station nestled in himalayas...530 kms approx from delhi to north.
do take my help if u wish as i am a tour organiser and may help u out....and always love India

  abhi Feb 4, 2007 2:38 AM

About anniekaka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.