Existing Member?

2 go mad in india the beginning

wot no beer!

INDIA | Tuesday, 30 January 2007 | Views [609]

Well ended up celebrating being in Bombay last night with Soph having a few cheeky ones as you do. She ended up passing out and being the trooper I am I carried on. Was talking to some French people, altho just seen one of them now and he looked a bit frightened by me so obviously I haven't lost my talent of being a man repellent when I've been on the sauce. Oh well.

Today we became proper tourists and went on a boat trip to Elephant Island about an hour away from Bombay where there are some very cool caves with stone statues in etc. Those robbing lil Indians, it costs them 10 rupees to get in and us poor tourists 250!!! The nerve! Anyway I begrudgingly handed over my cash and went in. Was gonna try and get away with being Indian as I do an awesome accent but thought my freckles might give the game away. I have so many of the bloody things at this stage of the game.

The caves were great and then as we were walking along this Norweigan girl asked us if we would go with her and her guide to see his village so we were like alright then. The guide was lovely and took us to his house ( photoes will be going up soon) and gave me and Soph ankle bracelets (aaawwwwww) and then we went to the village shop and bought some sweets for the kids who nearly took our eyes out to get them. I mean can you imagine kids in the UK doing that?

Anyway went and had lunch and discovered to my horror that today is a "dry day" which means you can't get a beer ( Soph nearly had to resuscitate me at this point) because their is an election! Bastards , they over charge me to get into their caves and now I can't get a beer. Anyway the only thing that has cheered me up is that as we were walking home a guy stopped us and asked if we would like to be extra's in a Bollywood movie!!!!! I knew my good looks could not be over looked for too much longer, move over Shilpa Shetty Annie's on her way yeeehaa. Anyway the shite thing is we can't do it as tomorrow the Dalai Lama is in town and not even Bollywood fame (altho it is tempting) could stop me missing this opportunity. So alas it can't be but he gave me his card and asked me to call him tomorrow. Although knowing my luck its probably a part in a fat bird porn movie!

Any ho enough waffle, will check in tomorrow. bye for now xoxoxoxo

Tags: Scams & Robberies

About anniekaka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.